When foreigners living in Kansai think of Nara, most people think of deer and Todaiji temple. When there are more than 1,000 deer running around the largest wooden structure in the world, it’s hard to think of much else. Of course, these are the two most famous things to see in Nara but there is actually a lot more. In fact, there are tons of other things to do in Nara, including eating the best Indian food in Kansai, hiking, rowing boats, and feeding big-mouthed carp.

Personally, I prefer Nara over Kyoto. Why? Because while you are temple hopping or sightseeing, you can stop and rest in the woods or a park in between sights. Kyoto is a city and therefore requires use of public transportation to see many of the sights. In Nara, all you need are your own two feet. Nara also allows you to really explore and get in touch with your inner-kid again. You can follow a well-trodden path or go off the beaten road. I have been to Nara countless times and always find a new overgrown path in the woods that I haven’t explored yet. Often, I don’t see any other people. You can lie in the green grass (be careful of deer droppings) or venture into the woods. If you prefer hiking, a good path to follow is up Wakakusa Hill and when you reach the top, you will be greeted with a stunning view. It’s hardly ever crowded up there and it’s a perfect place to have a picnic and watch the clouds, whatever you want to do (within reason, of course).

If you want to see historical things, there is always Kofukuji, the five-story pagoda a hop, skip, and jump away from Todaiji or Kasuga Grand Shrine, which is located to the left of Todaiji up the hill next to primeval forest (also marked as a World Heritage site). Another good place to stop and have a look is the Nara National Museum in the vicinity of Nara Park. From April 3rd, 2010 to June 20th, 2010 they are having a special exhibition, “Imperial Envoys to Tang China: Early Japanese Encounters with Continental Culture.” If you are in the mood, there is also an option for boating at Sagi Ike Pond on the outskirts of Nara Park. You can rent a boat for an hour for around 1000 yen. Afterwards, head to the most delicious Indian restaurant in Kansai, located on the main tourist street of Nara. There’s only one so you can’t miss it. Nicely sized sets start at 1,480 yen for dinner and 980 yen for lunch. So if the next time someone tries to convince you go to Kyoto for the umpteenth time (don’t get me wrong, Kyoto is a lovely place), remember, there’s always Nara.

Comments

An important part for development of personality is socialization, today parents relay on schools and institutions for completing the process of socialization with people. The major antiquates of interaction, communication, assertiveness is taught and learned by schools.

You must add personal outlook while writing a philosophy essay. Writer has to highlight the purpose of writing a philosophy essay.

12/07/2015 3:51am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

02/01/2016 5:54am

Asking questions are actually fastidious thing if you are not understanding anything completely, except this post gives pleasant understanding even.

04/06/2016 11:03am

Hi there, just wanted to mention, I loved this post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

04/23/2016 4:07am

One more thing I would like to convey is that rather than trying to fit all your online degree programs on days and nights that you finish off work (considering that people are tired when they get back), try to obtain most of your classes on the saturdays and sundays and only a couple of courses in weekdays, even if it means taking some time away from your end of the week. This is really good because on the saturdays and sundays, you will be extra rested plus concentrated upon school work. Many thanks for the different ideas I have acquired from your site.

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I'm very glad to see such fantastic information being shared freely out there.

05/23/2016 10:53pm

May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone who truly understands what they are discussing online. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people should read this and understand this side of the story. I can't believe you're not more popular because you surely possess the gift.

We translate general documents like school certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificates, letters, blog contents, magazine articles, general reports, interview documents and many more.

03/11/2017 4:22am

students can visit our site frequently to grab more latest updates related to Kerala SSLC 2017 Results..